Wednesday 28 May 2014

Context Clues - written by two super students

We have been learning about context clues.  They are very helpful if you are stuck on a word.  To use context clues, you have to think like a shark and attack the words!  You can find a synonym, an antonym, an example, or an explanation by the word you don't know to help you find the meaning of the word.

We pretended to be pirates and used context clues to find out what the pirate word meant.  Here are some students that made a video talking like a pirate.  







We also looked at nonsense words.  See if you can guess the meaning of the nonsense words.

A lot of people think that it's weird that I do not like MABALING.   On holidays like Halloween or Valentine's Day there is so much MABALING around me but I don't touch it because I prefer sour candy.  My brother loves MABALING though.  One time he left a piece in his pants pocket and it melted.  The worst part is, he still ate it!

What do you think MABALING means?

My favourite GLINGLE is a girl named Lisa.  I have known her since we were only 2 years old.  There are lots of reasons why she is such a good GLINGLE.   The main reason is that she is nice and she loves to play.  I hope she'll be my GLINGLE forever.

What do you think GLINGLE means?

No comments:

Post a Comment