Wednesday 28 May 2014

Cross Country - By Allie

Boom. Mr McC bangs the wooden blocks together and we all run.  My breath is going through my chest and I'm coughing and holding it back.  My ears are ringing from people cheering us on.  My heart is beating out of my chest and when I get back after two laps of running I hear my mum saying "Go Allie, go, go, go."  At the finish line I sprint my way past Stephanie until I'm in front of her and just manage to get the number 4 card.  When I have to jump over the porch seats my feet are aching and when I get to Room 5 I slam my card down in front of Mrs Evans and watch her write Alexendra down in her special joint writing.  I run into my mum's arms screaming "I'm going to Western Zone!"  She hugs me and says "Good girl Allie, I'm so proud of you!"  Afterwards I watch my sister sprint and congratulate her for coming 2nd in the Year 2 girls.

5 comments:

  1. Well done Allie awesome descriptive writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pilgrims! We miss you! Please come back. From Room 7

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed having cross country last year unfortunately I couldn't do it this year cause of my sore knee by RICCARDO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross country was fun, me and my sister went running together and I also went
    on my own run with the year 4 boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross country was fun, me and my sister went running together and I also went
    on my own run with the year 4 boys

    ReplyDelete