Friday 30 May 2014

Writing Samples

This afternoon the students selected their favourite piece of writing from Daily 5 and typed it up. During Daily 5, the students can use character and setting cards, writing prompts, or come up with their own ideas.  Reading the students' writing reminds me of what amazing writers we have in Room 7!  Here are a few samples from some of the students who wanted to share.  

When Aidan shared this story, the class made a text to text connection with The 39 Storey Treehouse, the book we are reading in class right now.  Aidan also made some fabulous illustrations to go along with his story.


Aidan Adventures 

Hello my name is Aidan.  

And this is my brother Lachlan.  

We live in a treehouse and I mean a treehouse.  Well to be precise we live in a 80 storey treehouse.  It used to be a 60 storey treehouse but we built another 20 storeys onto it.  In the past we have added: a pirate ship with pirate buccaneers, a big twisty slide, a lemonade fountain, and many more.  You see one peaceful day when we were riding down the giant slide when Lachlan suggested that we have a drink so went to the lemonade fountain.  Boy I was thirsty! Afterwards we stopped at the pirate ship to have a visit to the pirates.  We had a delicious meal and then we had pillow fights in their cabin.  We had lots of fun.  I got hit two times and Lachlan got hit 22 times.  “Now” Lachlan said “Can we go?”  “Okay” I said and we left.  On the way we bumped into Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton.  Oh I almost forgot to tell you they live in the treehouse with us.  They write our books but they can come and have fun time with us anytime.  So as I was saying we let them have fun time with us and we all enjoyed the rest of our day together.  


The End


Frightened, scared afraid, as my heart pounds
out out of my chest.Pencil shavings full my hair
as I turl it around my finger. I was trapped in someones
lair and whose was it? I thought. I looked around myself.
Just then out of the corner of my eye, I saw something.
No, was I at the swimming pool? The old pencil shavings
made a faint nosie when they fell out of my hair. If I was at
the swimming pool the pencil shaving noise would be them splashing 
into the water, I felt a small touch on my shoulder . I turned around,
Boom! I was caught in a bag. I heard a laugh and I didn’t
feel so well. What was going to happen to me. I tried to scream
but my throat was so dry. “I should of had a drink of water after all
that talking" I muttered. Who was this, what did they want? I felt
another tug. Probably because they where carrying me away, I said
as loudly as I could to tell these people I knew what they were doing.
What would I do if I wanted to get home safley. Just then the person ripped the bag
off my head . I closed my eyes as tightly as I could and when I had the courage to
open my eyes and to my suprise I saw...
I can’t bare to tell you but I’ll give you a hint. It was green,hairy
and It had yellow teeth. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” I screamed as loud as I could and that I ever had before. ‘Ok I’m tough enough to tell you now. It was a

By Allie

Early one morning a little girl was at the fair. Suddenly a girl and seven boys appered in front of me.  What is your name asked the girl Shopie.  My name is snow white and thes are my friend the seven dwarfs.  Lets go to the park. The princess did the monkey bars but on the second bar she slipped and fall splat onto the ground. Then snow white saw her. We need to take her to the hospital they all got in the van and went to the hospital.  Shopie went into the x room she had broken her arm.They went and put a cast on it lets go they all went to have lunch. For lunch they had sub way then they went to the beach. They went in the water, played in the sand and made sand castle then they went to the ice cream shop. After that they went to the car then they went home. 

THE END

By Keira

“Ogogog what are you doing?”
“What do you think I’m doing going og og” said Batman.
“No I’m just bored that’s why I’m going og og.”
“Well I won’t make you feel bored anymore.  We will go to a snow field in Japan.”
“Japan what are you thinking man?”
“Well we are going there ok.”  So the clown flew on Batman’s back. “Aaaaaaaa!” 
“We’re here.” 
“It doesn’t look like a snowfield in Japan.  It looks like a deserted island.”
“Well I must of went the wrong way” said batman.                                      
 “Well here we go again.”                                                                                                                                                      “Ahhhhhhhhh”                                                                                                                                               
 Finally they landed and had fun in the snow!       
 By Emma

“Ha where am I?  Am I am at my house?” I whispered to myself.  As I walked out of bed and looked in the white chocolate mirror and saw that I was a gingerbread girl.  When I saw myself I screamed! “Ahh.” When I went into the lounge I saw that my couch had turned into a licorice allsorts couch instead of a normal cosy couch.  For some annoying reason everything had turned into sweets!  When I had my breakfast my cereal had turned into coloured mints!  I decided to call mum but when I went to fetch the phone it would not work because it was a jelly phone! Dah I thought what else would it be if everything was sweets.  I looked around me and yes I was not daydreaming.  For some weird reason I collapsed.  Luckily the floor was made of black licorce. 

After I fell to the ground and fainted I woke up.  I went outside to see what it looked like outside and two gummy bears were at my chocolate door.  “Why are you in candyland?” groaned the first gummy bear.  “You are in our house.  I am calling the police” squeaked the second.  Right then the cookie police turned up.  Right then I had a bright idea because the police was a cookie.  I ate the delicious cookie.  Then another police turned up this one was a chocolate cake.  Even better I thought to myself.  “Yum yum yum.”  I gobbled the police up.  Now the army tank turned up.  “Oh cupcake army tank this looks nice. Yum yum yum.” By now I was very fat.  I had eaten all the army tanks and police in one hour flat.  I walked back into my jelly house and there stood the two gummy bears. The two gummy bears had angry faces pulled and had two licorice swords.  “Attack” screamed the gummy bears.  What should I do?  “Oh I know.”  “Yum my favourite.”  “Knock knock.”  I opened my door right there standing at my door was the whole town.    I couldn’t eat the town because I was so full.  So what should I do?  “I know.”  I karate chopped the whole town to smithereens.  Now I could live in peace without the police and the town and army tanks.  Finally the end had all happened in one day.

The End

PS Until next time an event like this happens.

By Mia

8 comments:

  1. I Love every one's stories FROM POPPY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing is one of my favorite subjects and I loved writing my story - Aidan Adventures.I also got the 39 and 26 Storey Tree House books for my birthday. By Aidan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the 13 and 39 Storey Tee House books at home. I really enjoy reading them over and over again. By Keira

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the 13 and 39 Storey Tree House books. I really enjoy reading them over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Mia's story the best. My favourite part was when the cookie police came and she ate them. I like writing stories and making people laugh. Can Mia help me to write a funny story like hers?
    Alice Davies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I really enjoyed these stories. Allie, I was going to guess that your monster is a creeper who has never been for a haircut, and doesn't brush his teeth either. From Zachary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your story Emma. It reminded me of when it snowed at my house and we made a snow man. What did Batman play in the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading all these stories when I was sick and away from school. I can't wait to read the next adventure from Aidan's Adventures.
    By Mia

    ReplyDelete