Friday 16 May 2014

Daily 5 - By Mia

We started a new reading programme.  It is called the Daily 5.  We have only just started it.  There are five parts of it that we can choose from.  They are: read to someone, read to self, word work, listen to reading, and work on writing.  Every day we put a picture of our face on two different parts.  We do each one for half the time.  Here are some pictures of our signs and some materials.  My favourite thing is that we get the opportunity to do two different things which we enjoy related to writing and reading.






Here are some of our favourite things about Daily 5:
My favourite part about the Daily 5 is word work because it was amazing to learn about them with the lovely parents.  – Julia

My favourite part of Daily 5 is listen to reading and work on writing because I like writing and being read to. – Rose

I don’t have a favourite part.  I like listen to reading because there are stories I like. – Keira

My favourite part about Daily 5 is that you get to choose what you want to do first and second. – Jacob

My favourite thing about Daily 5 is that you aren’t only working on one thing you are working on writing and reading. – Riccardo
My favourite part is word work because you get to play lots of fun games, read to self because you get your reading log and complete it, and work on writing because you can use a writing prompt. – Aidan

My favourite part about Daily 5 is work on writing because there are settings and characters like Superman, Steve, Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and so on.  – Alice

My favourite part is read to self because it’s not just reading, it’s cool because you are filling out the form and it gets you thinking about the story.  – Frankie

My favourite part about Daily 5 is listen to reading because you can listen to lots of cool books that you’ve never heard before. – Allie


I liked everything! – Joanna

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Joanna, I like everything about this idea... It is awesome to read your comments and know how much you are enjoying your learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time Nate has said he has enjoyed writing with the 'work on writing' - must be good!

    ReplyDelete